Trouble Brings Experience, and Experience Brings Wisdom ... goodbye to 2009!

Another beautiful day in sunny Loreto! As I was enjoying the peaceful and tranquil Sunday, I become reflective when I think about my adventure over the past several years. It has been a Six Flags Rollercoaster ride. There is the anticipation and excitement of creeping up a steep hill not quite sure what is on the other side. The thrill of lifting your arms in the air and not holding on separates the players from the ones simply along for the ride. All the while no one is sure when the next moment of the sheer terror will happen as we free fall, screaming while our stomach finds its way to our throats until we safely land and come to a complete stop. Finally, the ride is over.

It has been an amazing three years, filled with the hope of meeting new challenges, making new friends, creating solid business relationships, daring to live each day outside of my comfort zone, and seizing every opportunity that would not be available unless you were right here, right now. When I wasn’t on the rollercoaster, I was in the Fun Palace ride and perhaps not alone, but certainly in the dark. There are doors in every direction and one can feel so lost and in despair trying to find the one that leads to the exit before something unexpected jumps out and makes us run towards another path.

My analogy of experiences at Loreto Bay may be likened to those of Fantasy Land, Tomorrow Land, or even Never Land; and sometimes It’s a Small World! Alas, it may be time to grow up and focus on the destination instead of the ride.

There is no doubt that 2009 was a very tumultuous year and no one knew when the oppressive fog of each of our own crisis would be lifted. I look back on the past twelve months and feel positive and more optimistic about the future than I have for what seems like a very long time. Life is always as good as we make it, but this time I think we may get some lucky breaks. Hope springs eternal.

Dorado Loreto Properties has 5 great sales associates who are active and preparing for when things change. Baja BOSS Property Management is running smoothly and getting more organized and efficient each week with our team of 6 people providing full services. I am busy and happy.

My blog has achieved exactly what I wanted it to, which was to share the beauty of Loreto’s community spirit with thousands of people each month. 2010 feels like a whole new chapter of my life in Loreto, and I need to pay attention so I don’t miss a thing! It is time to let go of what was, and move onto what will be … Future Land. Will I start writing again? Quien Sabe!?

Thank you to all those that tune in and have supported me through my many endeavors. When someone asks Where In the World Is Nellie? I will be in Loreto and looking forward to seeing you all soon!

I wish everyone Happy Holidays, Prosperity and Good Health for 2010.

Miss Nellie

Popular posts from this blog