This week I am showing photos taken from my Bar of the full moon, cruise ships, staff party, and friends. Visiting were Delynn and Jim from AV83 with their friends Ronda and Glen. Also, Janet Rubenstein of FN162 was here to see us again.

My life is very fun, glamorous and filled with adventure, yet I am a simple person with simple needs. Every day I have doubts, misgivings, and apprehension about the path that I have chosen. Yet, also everyday I am surrounded by events and people that affect me and give me the opportunity of making a small difference to those that have not been jaded by money, status, or position. Everyone of us has great power to influence the ones closest to us, whether that is our immediate family, friends, acquaintances, or simply someone down on their luck not wanting anything more than simple respect. These are the things that keep me in Loreto. It is a small town that is innocent, a little naïve, yet hoping and dreaming of a better place where their children are safe and have a future. These are Basic Instincts that are no longer forefront or highly appreciated in many North American daily lives.

What I do not miss about living in the USA is the underlying premise of control and power. When you are not truly genuine in spirit and heart, it shows through and there is no where to hide. The ones with ulterior motives, liars and cheats soon become very evident.

In this small town relationships and your Word still means everything. It is a matter of interpreting the culture and language of chosen words. Mañana does not mean tomorrow, it just means Not Today. YES, means I Understand, not necessarily an agreement. Everyday I have foreigners walk into my offices who want to abide by the laws and rules here, yet find the obstacles of language, custom and cultural misunderstanding frustrating beyond comprehension.

It does not mean that we all do not have moments of feeling insecure, lonely, or scared, but to pretend that these natural instincts do not exist is a denial of human nature. My life is more complete and real because I do not have the fear of not meeting a superficial standard with all the material trappings that we baby boomers have been raised to aspire to. I am in no way giving up my creature comforts or appreciation of quality and value, simply that I recognize that my priorities have shifted.

These are my personal thoughts and not to be construed as anything more than how much I appreciate all my friends that follow my blog and support my efforts in my new businesses and life on the Baja.

Nellie´s Hotel has been running at 80% occupancy this month and many times we have to turn away people because we are full. Both the Hotel and Bar are in the black. This is great news for 2 months in business with no advertising budget.

Baja BOSS has several corporate clients and we are helping many people with ensuring that their FM3s obtained in Canada and the USA are truly valid and acceptable in Mexico. We have new clients every week that want us to take care of them just so they never have to go to immigration again.

Dorado Properties Loreto launches its new business by offering condominium units in the new Marbella Resort at the old Whales Inn site in Nopolo. There will be approximately 190 units, with over 30,000 feet of pools and water features. All units will have views of the pools and beach and will have privacy from their neighbors. This land is privately owned and not a Fonatur project. I have known the managers and investors for some time now and have complete confidence in their financial ability and experience to deliver a 5 star resort property in a timely manner. There are only 51 units for sale in Phase I, which will offer very attractive incentives to early buyers. Should you want more information as soon as it is released in the next 30 days, please email me at nellie@doradoloreto.com

Many local Mexicans are coming to my office each week to meet me and extend their welcome, congratulations and best wishes for my new businesses. They are sincere in offering their assistance if there is anything they can do to help me. They tell me that Loreto welcomes foreigners that want to do good business and the local people are happy with the changes that they see.

This is very different from the drunken gringos that roll out of Augies Bar each night. The other night we were working in the office at 7:30 pm with my staff and this 50´s something American woman tapped on our window and flashed her boobs at the young Mexican men I had in the office. When I refused to look at her, she started yelling and when I looked, she flashed me again. I could not believe it! If they were new boobs and she had paid $10,000 for them, I might have appreciated the value. But who wants to look at sagging breasts on an old woman who thinks she is still hot stuff! OMG!!! I am sure if I took out my camera, she would have posed, but I have more tact than to encourage such bad behavior.

In an effort to truly integrate and provide community service, we are organizing a group of volunteers to hold a Fashion Show, both for the local towns people, and a proper extravaganza held at the Inn at Loreto Bay. All funds raised will go towards buying books for the local schools for the young children, and also for the University. The need for additional books and resources is abundant. To ensure that the money goes to the right resources, we will be buying the books directly and donating them. If any of you have a book distribution source either in Mexico or the USA that we may be able to get wholesale prices, please let me know. In the meantime, if you want to bring down a few new or used children´s books that young children can learn English, please feel free to drop them off at BajaBOSS and we will make sure they go to the Schools Libraries. Í will be providing more information as this event unfolds.

Life is good, mainly because I have so many friends and supporters. I look forward to seeing all of you and sincere in saying – If there is anything I can do to assist in your transition to Loreto, please do not hesitate to ask. I can always say no, but life and people continually surprise us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog