Nellie’s Back in Loreto, Baja California Sur Time flies when you are having fun … and what a nice summer this has been. I spent much time away from Loreto visiting friends in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, and Halifax. I had vacations in Seattle, San Diego and New York and now feeling rested and with some semblance of balance in a place where time seems to stand still … Loreto. I brought a 1998 Dodge Durango from my friend Albert Basil, who owns AJ Motors in Los Angeles. I gave the specifications of what I wanted (model, year, color, fabric type, a/c, 4x, miles, and other options) and he found the car at the auction. He drove the car for a month and replaced all the parts that he thought would be necessary so I could have a good safe Baja car. This included a new axle, tires, brakes, steam cleaning the engine, and a brand new radio for my long drive down Baja. The price was great and I feel very confident that the car is in good condition to last me a couple of years of hard off...
Comments