Stepping Out In Style with Loreto Neighbors

It was great to visit with my Loreto neighbors in Victoria. I really appreciate fast cars and was having lots of laughs from the minute I saw my ride. I joined John Newton of FN46 for drinks and dinner with his crew on Friday night. We went bar hopping, which meant that we walked to our favorite places of choice for drinks and snacks, and then moved on. Not something done in Scottsdale or Loreto.

I savored every morsel of the classic martinis, full bodied wines, fresh caesar salad and oysters as though I were lost on Survivor for the last 2 months. There are really good restaurants in Victoria for every craving and appetite, and we definitely indulged in the finest available.

Saturday I was invited to the home of Goetz and Guderun Wochinger of FN416. They have an absolutely stunning home on the water, with gardens that could rival the most manicured estates in this blooming city.

I did not know what was more beautiful, the home; the gardens; the vista 180 degree view; or the path down to the private rocky beach below? What do you think?


We had lunch at McMorran’s in Cordova Bay which is almost an institution. I don’t know how long it has been there but I’m sure it is at least sixty years. Sitting by the big picture windows you can almost feel the salt air and hear the seagulls and ducks on the beach below.

After lunch we went back to their home. Guderun had especially made me an apple cake, served with proper cappuccino or espresso. I felt like a celebrity sitting in their home enjoying the view, the food and warm hospitality. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Linda Angelo from Calgary and of FN35 was in town on business and I met her at the Westin Hotel at Bear Mountain for drinks. I had not been up to the top of this golf course for about 2 years and was shocked at all the development. The Westin is a beautiful hotel and feels very much like a Lodge in the mountains.

This is a picture of the living room in the hotel, which comes with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 3 closets. Linda said she had more closets in this hotel room that in her Loreto home. Sad but true. Linda and I were laughing as it seems that we see our Loreto neighbors more than the ones that we have lived next to in our home towns for years. Again, sad but true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog