Good To Be Back In Loreto

I managed to have a very hectic visit to Victoria. My home was previously rented, which is always an experience. The same way that I am extra fussy about where and how I live, I can also appreciate that renters, no matter their social or economic background, are generally less fastidious about something they do not own. It was a considerable effort to make sure that everything was clean, well stocked, and organized to my precise standards. I also made the time to visit many friends that I haven’t seen for the past 2 years, and caught up on life as I used to know it.

My daughter Carlie is doing great and I am so proud of her independent spirit, common sense, and positive attitude. She is my best friend and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. This is a double edged sword as most parents will attest. She is visiting Loreto for Christmas and I will be very proud to introduce her to my new life and friends.

Speaking of Christmas, it’s hard to believe that the stores are already selling decorations and the holidays will soon be upon us. I know many home owners will be accepting their homes and planning family gatherings in Loreto this year. Please let me know if you will be down there for the holidays, and perhaps I will organize a party or two to celebrate our new beginnings.

The Alaska LAX flight was full of tourists. Many visit Loreto regularly for fishing and holidays, and there were many that were visiting for the first time. I didn’t recognize anyone but I’m sure I’ll make new friends before they leave.

Visiting Victoria was wonderful but reaffirmed that Loreto is now where I call home. Stepping off the plane in 95 degree heat and feeling the breeze was very calming. Even waiting endlessly as my bags were last to be unloaded in the cramped airport was reassuring that nothing changes too quickly.

After doing a cursory inspection of my home and finding it in good shape, I went to the INN and sat in the pool with my friends Nik and Janet. Tough to beat sitting in a swim up bar with your friends where people are so relaxed that even Lilly the dog can join in.

The current buzz on the ground is the anticipated visit from Storm Lane. This time, I will be on the ground to bring you reports live, up close and personal. These storms are common this time of year, but for a sleepy little town with a virtual worldwide community, it brings a lot of excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog